IE3 Global works closely with each applicant to place students at internship sites where they will meet their personal, professional and cross-cultural goals as part of their academic experience while contributing meaningfully to the host organization. The following application processes help to ensure the success of every IE3 Global applicant.
- Determine whether a study abroad experience or international internship is right for you by reading the Internship vs. Study Abroad section of the IE3 Global website.
- Review the eligibility requirements on the Internships FAQs page of the website.
- Check out the internship listings searchable by your academic major, location, language and professional focus.
- Meet with your IE3 Global Campus Advisor to discuss how an IE3 Global internship will meet your academic goals and how IE3 Global credit will apply towards your graduation requirements.
- Visit our funding section for funding opportunities and use the cost calculator to estimate the costs for individual internship sites. Because IE3 Global is an academic program, financial aid may apply.
- Please note application deadlines are approximately five months prior to the start date of an internship. Refer to the Internship FAQs page for term specific application deadlines.
Application requirements include:
- Professional résumé
- Essays pertaining to your personal, professional and cross-cultural goals
- Two recommendations (1 Academic, 1 Professional)
- Academic Transcripts
- IE3 Global Application Fee of $50 (non-refundable)
- Campus application fee paid directly to your home campus
Campus Advisor and IE3 Program Advisor Interviews
- To initiate an application click on the Apply Now button on the specific internship listing
- Within the application you will identify your top three internship site preferences
- Schedule an interview with your IE3 Campus Advisor.
- Upon receiving your Campus Advisor interview report, your application is considered complete. IE3 Global staff will review your application materials and schedule a time to discuss your background and interests in relation to an international internship.
- IE3 Global staff will work closely with the student to determine whether the student will be successful with their internship of choice. If a student is likely to be more successful at an alternate internship site that will be taken into consideration.
- If you're approved for referral to an IE3 Global Internship you will be asked to commit to the program and submit a non-refundable $250 deposit.
- Upon receipt of the $250 deposit and commitment to the program, your application materials will be forwarded on to the internship site for review.
- You will be notified of an application decision and next steps by email. This is generally within four to six weeks of the application deadline.
- You will be notified of final acceptance via email. This can take six to eight weeks, or sometimes longer.
Please contact your IE3 Global Program Advisor if you have any questions.