The Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body employs around 500 staff dedicated to supporting the work of the Parliament and its Members. As a group, staff are responsible for providing the facilities, equipment, clerking support and other services that the 129 MSPs require to undertake their parliamentary functions.
The Parliament exists to define, debate, decide and legislate on issues of importance to the people of Scotland. In doing so, it holds the Scottish Government to account and is answerable to the people of Scotland.
A Parliament which is responsive to the needs and aspirations of the people of Scotland and a Parliamentary Service which supports, enables and promotes the work of our Parliament and its Members to achieve this.
- Integrity – We act with impartiality and demonstrate high standards of professionalism when dealing with Members, the public and one another.
- Accessibility – We promote a culture of openness, fairness and transparency in terms of access to our information, our building and all our services.
- Respect – We treat Members, the public and each other with respect at all times, in line with our equality and diversity principles.
- Efficiency – We actively pursue ways of working which deliver value for money.
- Agility – We work flexibly, collaboratively and innovatively in meeting the Parliament’s requirements.
Details about current MSP’s and the issues facing their constituents are best reviewed on the Scottish Parliament website: http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/. It is important that interns be interested and engaged in the current affairs of the Scottish Parliament. We strongly encourage applicants to review the website prior to applying for the internship.