This NGO supports poor rural communities to adapt to the changing environment and sustainably manage their own livelihoods. With more than 15 years of experience, the NGO is one of Vietnam’s most-established NGO with over 50 projects focusing on Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Livelihoods, Climate Change Adaptation, Forestry Governance and Pro-Poor Policy Advocacy.
The heart of the community is Vietnamese college students who are going to be the future leaders of the nation. We realize that the youth in South East Asia’s developing countries, young Vietnamese included, have limited chances of going overseas to view the world. For many of them, a trip abroad is likely to be a distant dream. That urges us to bring YOU, international students from different parts of the world to our region.
Assist with the development of project concepts and proposals that support the Sustainable Agriculture department’s short and long term strategy
Write and/ or edit reports on Sustainable Agriculture, livelihood and value chain programs/ projects
Support ongoing value chain mainstreaming activities within on-going programs
Support the development, management and implementation of projects, including undertaking needs assessments, conducting baseline surveys etc. as required
Assist in organizing Sustainable Agriculture workshops
The program fee is based on the in the total number of work hours and academic credits. During the application review phase, your Program Coordinator will provide you with an estimated program budget, based on your specific circumstances and internship program. See examples of estimated program fees below.
This internship program ranges from about 120-240 hours over a 6-12 week period.
Host Program Fee: $990
1 undergrad academic credit = 30 total work hours
1 undergrad academic credit = 45 total work hours
* While estimated pricing for 270 work hours is provided, prospective interns should plan on a maximum of 250 hours.
Summer: January 25
Fall: April 15
Winter: September 1
Spring: November 15
- Background in Agricultural, Forestry Management or Social Sciences, Gender, Microfinance, Sustainable Development, Community Development (or a related discipline)
- Experience in working for development projects and NGOs are advantaged
- Good communication skills, great writing and research skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of the team