Health and Safety Emergencies: (541) 737-7000
HEALTH AND SAFETY If you are Abroad and Require Immediate Assistance In case of emergency,...

Health and Safety FAQs


If you are Abroad and Require Immediate Assistance

  1. In case of emergency, call the local equivalent to 911
  2. Contact Gallagher Global Assistance

+001 (312) 935-1711 (From outside the United States)

+001 (855) 327-1455 (Toll-free within the United States)

Use Policy Number: GLM N16816383

  1. Contact (or have someone contact) IE3 Global

Main Office (during office hours): +001 (541) 737-3006

Oregon State University Office of Public Safety (after hours or on weekends): +001 (541) 737-7000

Health and Safety is our Priority

Many students and their families have concerns about safety abroad. Whether traveling abroad as a tourist, student, or intern, you will likely be entering an unfamiliar environment and, as with most other things in life, traveling abroad does involve the possibility of risk. As a participant in an IE3 Global program, you have the advantage of a program infrastructure to orient you to local safety issues and to support you in the event of a security or safety emergency. In some cases, on-site staff or partners will be part of your support network providing advice, resources and information. You will also be encouraged to take personal responsibility for your own safety and security. IE3 Global cannot guarantee your safety and security but does make every reasonable effort to assure a safe environment while you are overseas and takes commonsense measures to alert students to concerns and manage emergency situations should they arise.

Become an informed traveler:

US State Department Students Abroad website

International Travel and Health

US State Department Consular Information Sheets

Mobility International USA

8 Ways to Prevent Sickness or Injury During Travel (CDC)

One World – Nations Online

Tips for Traveling

Insurance Information

Your IE3 program fee includes international accident and sickness insurance, provided by Gallagher. The plan includes 24-hour emergency support by Gallagher Global Assistance, zero deductible health insurance, and access to WebCorp which offers online access to real-time security and health information. This plan is provided as a complement to whatever health insurance you normally have in the U.S.

Automatic Enrollment

You will be enrolled for the dates of your internship or study abroad program plus approximately one week prior and one week after your program dates. IE3 Global enrolls you in this insurance, there is nothing you need to do to be enrolled. You will be notified of your enrollment by e-mail and a copy of your insurance enrollment confirmation will be uploaded to your student profile. To download a copy of your insurance card, click here.

On the plan website, you will find the plan brochure detailing coverage, limitations and exclusions in addition to information about how to file a claim, what to do in case of an emergency, and contact information for questions or help. It is your responsibility to read the documentation provided and understand your insurance plan.

Coverage Summary

Filing a Claim

If you have any questions about filing a claim, contact Health Special Risk, Inc. directly:

In the U.S. only: +1 (972) 512-5600


Leisure Travel and Dependent Coverage

If you plan to remain outside the U.S. beyond the dates you are covered by the program or if a partner or dependent plans to accompany you, it is recommended you purchase supplementary health insurance that covers reimbursement for medical expenses, emergency evacuation and repatriation of remains. There are many providers of such insurance and we recommend you shop for the one that most closely meets your coverage needs. A list of some of these providers can be found on the U.S. Department of State website. This list is provided for informational purposes only and does not represent an endorsement of any of the providers on the part of the IE3 Global program.

Gallagher, the insurance provider used by IE3 Global and through which you receive coverage during your internship or study abroad program, also offers a Leisure Travel Extension Plan and Dependent Enrollment. Click here to purchase leisure travel extension coverage or dependent coverage from Gallagher .


Please click here for a list of FAQ’s regarding the insurance coverage through Gallagher.

For additional insurance coverage for your personal property, identity theft, or to extent travel insurance for personal travel after your program finishes, please email: