The IE3 Global exchange program at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) provides students from any of the IE3 Global partner universities the opportunity to study advanced levels of Spanish or courses from many other fields in the highest ranked university in the country. Students with sufficient language skills may enroll in regular university courses with Ecuadorian students, taught entirely in Spanish.
- The Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) offers students the opportunity to study Spanish and/or take regular university coursework in a number of subjects in the social sciences, natural sciences and humanities.
- Nestled high in the Andes Mountains, Quito, at an altitude of 9,200 ft., is a great place to pursue a variety of cultural, natural, and educational interests.
- Ecuador is a geographically diverse country that includes the Andes range; the coastal region with banana plantations and shrimp farms; the Amazon jungle region (called the “Oriente”) and the Galapagos Islands. It is one of the most bio diverse countries on the planet.
- Many outdoor opportunities are available near Quito and the USFQ hosts a number of clubs and sports that Oregon students may participate in.
- Ecuador is home to many indigenous groups as well as a majority population of mestizos. The integration of many cultures is evident in this diverse country.
- The Incas incorporated Ecuador as their northern territory and evidence of their advanced civilization can still be found south of Quito.