Academic Credit

You will be considered a regularly enrolled student at your home university while you are participating on a study abroad program. In order for the courses that you take overseas to be recorded on your home university academic record (transcript), your International Programs/Study Abroad office establishes a course equivalency for the courses you take overseas. Most institutions have list of courses that have previously been taken by students at a particular site. For courses that do not already have an establish equivalency, you will be asked to provide course information so that an equivalency can be approved. The course equivalency process can take one to two terms to complete. You should plan to graduate at least one term after you return to your home university; e.g., at the end of summer term if you return after spring term.