The Traidhos Three Generation Community for Learning is an educational center located in Thailand, with their main facility near Chiang Mai and programs operating near Bangkok. They are an international community of learners, across all generations, working together for a sustainable future. Students and adults from around the world are invited to Chiang Mai and Bangkok to participate in short and long term programs in education, sustainability, leadership, sports, culture, and well-being. Each part of the Traidhos Three Generation Community has its own customer group but in addition to this, each part works with students and teachers of Prem Tinsulanonda International School to offer specialist learning opportunities outside of the classroom as part of the on-going curriculum. For more information, visit the Traidhos website.
The Traihos Barge program is a unique experiential learning opportunity based in a “floating classroom” – a converted rice barge – which travels throughout the Chao Praya watershed near Bangkok. The aim of the Barge Program is to develop motivated global citizens who will find creative solutions and take action in their daily lives to promote sustainability. Established in 1995, the program aims to facilitate lifelong learning using interdisciplinary, interactive, and cooperative approaches, emphasizing the interconnections between physical, cultural, social, and historical aspects of the environment. They provide holistic barge and land-based field trips, school outreach, trainings, and community activities for students, private groups, and communities from Thailand, Southeast Asia, and across the globe.
Students of the Barge Program are encouraged to work in small groups while interviewing community members, playing environmental education games, and carrying out hands-on activities. The focus is on education (as opposed to advocacy), encouraging students to find out about the environment, their role in those environments, and about the future to consider potential solutions to difficult environmental, cultural, and resource management questions. More information about the Barge Program can be found here.
- Arts & Creativity: hosted by professional resident artists
- Barge Program: education for sustainability based in Bangkok along the Chao Phraya River
- Camps Program: school break activities and language camps for students aged 9-14
- Farm Program: sustainable educational activities about food, animals, and resources
- Visiting Schools Program: welcomes student groups focusing on leadership, fieldwork, cultural activities, sustainability and community service
- Wellness Program: range of language, sport, and cultural classes and activities for learners of all ages
- Cooking: Thai and Asian cooking and baking
- Cricket: coaching and tournaments
- Golf: Elite team, coaching, and camps
- Tennis: Elite team, coaching, and camps